Woohoo | Armpit Detox
For some lucky people (about 50%), ditching aluminium-based antiperspirants and switching to natural deodorant is a breeze. Their natural deodorant starts working right away and they get right back to being amazing without giving their deodorant a 2nd thought.
However, for the rest of us (the *other* 50%), it doesn’t work immediately, and we’ve got to go through an armpit detox cleanse before our natural deodorant will control body odour.
This is because antiperspirants block, or “plug”, your pores with aluminium salts, which stops the natural sweating process.
They also disrupt the balance of good and bad bacteria in your armpits. Without sweating normally your skin's microbiome does not have the right balance of good bacteria which makes it hard for natural deodorants to work effectively. Bad bacteria = more smell, good bacteria = less smell!
If your natural deodorant hasn't been working, don't give up! It just takes some patience and know-how (HINT: this clever little Armpit Detox Mask will get you over the line).
And once your natural deodorant is working for you, you’ll be able to rely on it all day long, and then some. So it’s worth being a little persistent. Your body just needs some time to get back into the swing of things and to lose your reliance on the aluminium “plugs” to stop body odour. This is what we call your ‘detox period’.
How long is the detox cleanse period?
Luckily your body is pretty smart so it only takes a few days (about 4 days is most common).
It can take longer though – we’ve heard from one dedicated soul that took 8 weeks. That person needs a medal because I don’t think many of us would have stuck it out that long, especially as it can get worse before it gets better (but that person didn’t have our Armpit Detox Mask to help speed things up).
There are a couple of things you can do to help speed up the process of cleansing and clearing your pores of aluminium, and the most effective is by using an Armpit Detox Mask like this one.
We have formulated this mask using a blend of clays and silver to deeply cleanse your armpits. It's very powerful without being harsh or drying to your skin.
It acts almost like a magnet, unblocking your pores and helping your microbiome readjust so you can start rocking your new natural deodorant.
Meet the detoxifying superstar ingredients:
- Kaolin Clay - cleans and removes impurities from your pores. It absorbs excess oil, calms redness and helps the natural functioning of your skin.
- Zeolite Clay - is rich in silica, potassium and iron. Its negative charged ions attract positive charged ions which neutralizes toxins and rebalances your skin.
- Colloidal Silver - has healing, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties which makes it an exciting inclusion in the detox mask. The silver helps to restore your skin’s optimal microflora balance for overall great skin health.
- Bentonite Clay - another super absorber. It works in combination with kaolin and zeolite to absorb and remove unwanted impurities from your skin which keeps your skin healthy and fresh.
Bonus tips for your armpit detox:
Before we wrap things up, here are a few other things you could be doing during your pit detox to speed things up:
- Wash really well under your arms every day.
- Exfoliate under your arms once or twice a week. Grab some coffee, sugar or exfoliating mitt and give some love to your underarms.
- Consider washing your clothes with antibacterial soap, as your clothing might be a haven for the odour-causing bacteria.
Ditching the aluminium and making the swap to natural deodorant is definitely worth it. And once you’ve crossed over you’ll never turn back. Promise.HOW TO USE:
Start with clean, dry armpits and hands. Using your fingers spread a small amount on the underarm area. Relax for 10 to 15 minutes while the mask does its thing, drawing impurities from your armpits.
Wash off in the shower or bath. For best results when first switching to natural deodorant, use the mask every day for up to 14 days (7 works great for most people).
Once you've completed your initial detox, use the mask once per week (or whenever you feel like it!) to keep your armpits in tip-top shape.
Woohoo | Armpit Detox